Banksia Support Services will support parents/carers and children to understand and fulfil your responsibilities.
These responsibilities include:
- Respecting Banksia Support Services staff that work with you and help to maintain a safe environment for us to work in.
- Actively participating in the service you receive, including being part of all decision-making processes relevant to your goals.
- Actively communicating with Banksia Support Services on changes to your needs and preferences, concerns, or complaints you have and feedback on the quality of the service you receive.
- Paying agreed fees within agreed times.
- Working with Banksia Support Services staff to ensure their agreed goals and desires are achieved.
- Respect the rights of all individuals.
- Ensure individual privacy, dignity and confidentiality is protected.
- Ensure parents/carers and children are in control of their support and are the ones to make decisions on choices that affect them and the service they receive.
- Provide quality services that meet the needs and preferences of the individual supported.
- Respect the individual, their circumstances, lifestyle, cultural, religious, and personal beliefs, and choices.
- Operate in an environment free from discrimination financial, physical, sexual, and emotional abuse, neglect, and exploitation.
- Provide information to support individuals to make informed choices in a format that is appropriate, age-related, culturally sensitive, and accessible.
- Charge fees that comply with legislative requirements and are appropriate to the service being received.
- Encourage and support individuals to raise complaints and have the complaints resolved in a satisfactory way.
- Work with families to understand changes in their needs and preferences and modify support when needed or requested.
- Work transparently and with integrity, respect and open communication.